The CEDIA Expo gets bigger and better every year.
What is CEDIA, you ask? It is the Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association and their show in Denver draws a spectacular mix of the largest electronics manufacturers and the finest designers and installers of home entertainment, networking, and security technology in the world. It is the closest thing in Colorado to the fabulous CES International show in Las Vegas every January. Anyone who spends time indoors will be interested in the items on the show floor as well as the demonstration rooms and seminars. The target audience of the CEDIA Expo is the design and install business community.
What we saw on the CEDIA Show Floor
We entered about 20 minutes ahead of the crowd waiting to surge into the second floor exhibit space when it opened at 9:30 AM, with the intention of canvassing the entire expo unencumbered by the crush of bodies. Starting at the extreme Northwest corner and video recording as we went up each aisle and down the next, we only progressed a little past the halfway point of the deceptively large space before being enveloped by excited onlookers who were oblivious to our presence. After being jostled and forced to dodge rushing attendees, many with their eyes glued to their phones instead of their path, we finally reached the last booth in the southeast corner, speaker manufacturer MartinLogan Ltd. It had taken over 50 minutes without stopping - that's how big it is!
Along the way we passed vendors providing everything (and more) that the well-equipped technology installer needs to do the job. When we say everything, we meant it: on display were custom vehicles, installation and maintenance tools, wiring, training programs, electrical outlets and switches, network infrastructure, cameras, audio equipment (speakers, amplifiers, and accessories), video appliances (televisions and projectors), furniture, home automation equipment, etc.
Pre-show Press Releases:
- Origin Acoustics will debut its Commercial Loudspeaker Collection at CEDIA.
- madVR Labs of Rockville, IL will be introducing their new ENVY Video Processor for Home Theatres.
Here is a short list of presentations at the 2019 show:
- Movie Screens - Vutec Corporation will be showing their updated line of Vision X and ArtScreen projection screens.
- Speakers - Magico is bringing their impressive line of speakers for both audio and audio/video applications.
- Z-Wave will be testing attendees knowledge and showing off allied vendors' products in their ecosystem
- Audio Streamers - Autonomic brings the Mirage MMS-2A
- GoRave brings innovation with a new multi-room system that matches how we live and overcomes problems inherent in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- LG will be announcing 2 new 4K OLED TVs and well as larger screens in their 4L LED line.
- Russound will be showing its new Acclaim speakers with easy-to-install magnetic grills.
- Sony COO, Mike Fasulo will be giving the keynote and their floor show will be featuring new 4K Digital Cinema projectors and 4K Ultra HD TVs.
- Metra Home Theatre Group Taming the HTML 2.0 Beast
- Nexus 21 TV Lifts and hidden storage systems.
- Listen Audio Systems will be showing their impressive Voice line of audio in-wall speakers.
- Dali & The Sound Organisation Audio Components and High Quality Speakers for installers, Bluetooth bookshelf speakers from Denmark
- Séura Storm outdoor televisions, lighted mirrors, TV covers
- DraperTecVision™ - Engineered Screen Technology mounted on new Profile Projection Screens